About a month ago Carder's wonderful preschool teacher, Miss Kerry, told us she was moving back to California. To say the least we are devastated. She was the best teacher. She got Carder to talk and associate with other kids with no problem. She taught him all his colors, letters and numbers in English, Spanish and Sign Language(not that I'm bragging or anything), how to sing songs, be polite, how to share and a whole lot of stuff I can't even list.Carder absolutely adores her.
This is one of those horrible happy but sad moments that tear your heart in two.
I am so sad that she will not be teaching my son anymore, even though we will keep in touch,
but I am so excited for her to be able to go back to where she feels more at home and gets to spend more time with her husband.
She became such a good friend and someone I felt comfortable to talk to about
kid stuff and even family stuff when I was having problems.
I'm sure she feels way more emotional about this than I do because she is ending her lifelong career of teaching and caring for children with this move.
She will not be opening Little Acorns Preschool again.
I still have this little hole in my heart that can only be filled with the love she gave my son.
By being so involved in our son's life and teaching him so much more that we could have alone I am forever in her debt.
BUT it gives me an excuse to visit California more often!
I just needed to get this out so hopefully I can stop feeling so sad about it. I am so bad with words but I hope she knows how much we appreciate her.
These are some pictures from our going away party for Miss Kerry.
The kids had so much fun.
This is one of those horrible happy but sad moments that tear your heart in two.
I am so sad that she will not be teaching my son anymore, even though we will keep in touch,
but I am so excited for her to be able to go back to where she feels more at home and gets to spend more time with her husband.
She became such a good friend and someone I felt comfortable to talk to about
kid stuff and even family stuff when I was having problems.
I'm sure she feels way more emotional about this than I do because she is ending her lifelong career of teaching and caring for children with this move.
She will not be opening Little Acorns Preschool again.
I still have this little hole in my heart that can only be filled with the love she gave my son.
By being so involved in our son's life and teaching him so much more that we could have alone I am forever in her debt.
BUT it gives me an excuse to visit California more often!
I just needed to get this out so hopefully I can stop feeling so sad about it. I am so bad with words but I hope she knows how much we appreciate her.
These are some pictures from our going away party for Miss Kerry.
The kids had so much fun.


Hello long lost cousin! I miss you. So fun to see your pictures. Carder looks like a Todd mini-me. That's crazy. Hope you are well. We need to get together. Love you!
ReplyDelete